You may have all your online training courses material ready.
Perhaps you’re brimming with ideas for class videos, quizzes, and lessons.
You could be keen to share your knowledge online where you can reach more people and your students can learn at their own pace.
But where do you start when it comes to launching your course online?
WordPress websites are perfect for online training course providers. Why? Well, just like smartphones have apps that add extra features, WordPress has plugins that integrate to add extra functions.
These include Learning Management System (LMS) plugins. LMS plugins are ideal for eLearning providers looking to launch their courses on their website without any coding knowledge!
WP Beginner has done a great blog post explaining what they think are the 7 best WordPress LMS plugins. The helpful article includes the pros and cons of each.
One particular WordPress eLearning plugin we are big fans of that they didn’t mention is Tutor LMS.
Tutor LMS Features – Well Suited to Your Online Training Courses!
- Intuitive course builder – produce courses with their related videos, summaries, video banners, and requirements. Display them on an intuitive user interface.
- Student dashboard – every student who signs up on your learning management system gets to enjoy a dashboard showing their course status, progress, notifications, and announcements.
- Easy teacher profile registration forms – allows you to approve the level of permissions instructors have for a course when you review their profiles. Includes choosing whether they can publish a course directly or if it requires your approval first.
- Quick quizzes – enables you to add questions during the setup process or add them from pre-set questions in the Question section. You can also set time limits, limit the number of attempts, and set pass grades.
- Multimedia – excite your students by uploading video lessons from Vimeo, YouTube, and other sources.
- Question variations – ask your students over 10 different types of questions such as multiple and single choice and true or false. Allow them to answer in different formats with the option to add clues.
- Student research – students can interact with you before enrolling on a course by submitting questions.
- Email alerts – automatically send emails to students and teachers about course enrolment, completion, and quiz completions.
- WooCommerce integration – Ecommerce features allowing you to sell courses on your website. Completed and pending courses and other sales data at your fingertips. Send discount coupons or PDF invoices if needed.
- Purchase monitoring – keep track of purchase history in the dashboard. Includes purchase status, amount, and when the purchase was made.
- Commission distribution – simply set the percentage of earning distribution between admins and other teachers with the earning and commission allocation feature and any other payments that need to be deducted, and statements to show per page.
- Straight-forward withdrawal process – the ability to predefine the minimum amount required to be earned before teachers can ask to withdraw. They have the option to choose the withdrawal method, for example, bank transfers, ECHECK, or PayPal. Conveniently see all the withdrawal details, such as current balance, pending, completed and rejected statuses from your dashboard.
- Informative reports – get detailed reports covering your earning stats, deducted fees, and commissions. Advanced filters let you know how much you’ve earned during a particular time period.
- Security – ensure third parties cannot watch your course videos with the URL so only enrolled students have access.
- Focussed – conceal the header and footer areas of the course learning interface so students enjoy a distraction-free lesson with the spotlight mode setting.
Why We Love Tutor LMS</3>
Overall, we believe that the ability to integrate with WooCommerce if you want to charge for courses is ideal for those wanting to offer courses as a business.
Meanwhile, the contact form and Q&A area that allows students to ask questions before they sign up, which encourages a great learning community.
Being able to break courses down by topic makes them easier to digest and process.
We’re also big fans of the amount of versatility and options Tutor LMS offers. For instance, setting the difficulty level of courses.
The Basic and Pro packages mean you can seamlessly sell courses online no matter your budget.
Integration with Zoom is a handy addition too if you want to deliver live lessons!
Want to start helping people by selling your courses online?